Employee benefits earn high marks.
Great students come from great teachers. At SECEP, we believe our employees’ professional growth and development are paramount to the success of our organization—and the success of our students. Our highly competitive benefits packages are designed to help us retain the best and the brightest.
- Competitive salaries
- Health insurance
- Virginia Retirement Contribution
- Paid sick leave
- Paid personal leave
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance
- Tuition assistance
- Onsite comprehensive staff development through workshops and follow-up modeling and observation
- Culturally rich Hampton Roads lifestyle
Wage & Compensation Information:
Norfolk Public Schools (NPS) serves as the fiscal agent for SECEP. All SECEP staff members, regardless of work location, are compensated on the NPS pay scale and receive Norfolk Public Schools benefits.
In addition to the NPS scale:
- SECEP teachers and school community trainers receive an annual bonus of $1,000.00
- SECEP related service providers (speech language pathologist and occupational therapist) receive an annual bonus of $3,000.00
- SECEP teacher assistants receive a supplement of $1113.00 added to their NPS compensation
- SECEP teacher assistants, with a four-year college degree, receive an additional supplement of $1158.00
Applying is easy and online
Our Human Resources Department will be happy to assist you with application information. Interviews are conducted year round. Visit www.secep.net for additional information regarding teaching and other staff positions. Applications can be found online at www.secep.net. Click on the Employment menu and choose How to Apply.
Please attach the following to your application
- College Transcripts
- Letter of reference
- Student teaching evaluations
- PRAXIS I/VCLA results
- Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLS); Virginia Reading Assessment (VRA)
- Teaching Certification
SECEP by the numbers
- Serves more than 1,500 students
- Manages five Re-ED and four TRAEP Centers
- Operates more than 135 ASP/EBICS classrooms